From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lukas Beeler
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 6:32 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: And now a Hack for Intel Chips?

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 12:59 PM, Larry Bolhuis <lbolhuis@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Yet another reason we're glad we run i and do so on POWER. This
article
from Slashdot points to a hack that doesn't care much about the OS,
it
hacks the hardware!

Larry, i really respect your expertise, but this is bullshit.

Even POWER CPUs have bugs and errata, and we simply have no idea if
these are exploitable or not. IBM is cooking with the same water Intel
uses. I'm even sure if the POWER errata are public...

--
Read my blog at http://projectdream.org
list