Do you know or know anybody that is generally aware of IBMʼs policy as it relates to the phasing out of IBM hardware maintenance support on IBM CPUʼs?

I was concerned about what this policy may be in that our old 9402-436 processor is now past its thirteenth birthday and was wondering how narrow the window of available hardware maintenance might be.  We currently have a hardware maintenance contract with IBM.  I have been somewhat reluctant to consider non-IBM hardware support (if in fact any is available in the Oklahoma City area).

Sincerely,

Raymond Meade
E-Mail: paulwmeadeagency@xxxxxxxxx