IBM CPU Hardware Maintenance, Policy on Phasing-out support on old machines

fixed

Do you know or know anybody that is generally aware of IBMʼs policy as it relates to the phasing out of IBM hardware maintenance support on IBM CPUʼs?

I was concerned about what this policy may be in that our old 9402-436 processor is now past its thirteenth birthday and was wondering how narrow the window of available hardware maintenance might be.  We currently have a hardware maintenance contract with IBM.  I have been somewhat reluctant to consider non-IBM hardware support (if in fact any is available in the Oklahoma City area).

Sincerely,

Raymond Meade
E-Mail: paulwmeadeagency@xxxxxxxxx