Re: Searching multiple IFS files

fixed

Can you provide a specific example of where you get files that don't contain your search string? At this point, I don't feel that I have a clear idea of what's happening.

John McKee wrote:
I still don't understand, however, why the sequence I used displayed file names
that did not contain the search string. But, that really doesn't matter in
this instance.