From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pete Hall
Sent: Saturday, 12 July 2008 12:44 p.m.
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Search OS/400 Physical Files

I really like grep. Too bad it has no place in the database world. What
a wonderful help it would be if we could use something like it to find
where a specific text string lurked. Especially when trying to reverse
engineer some 3rd party apps.

Pete Hall

vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
| Ness Pazz dude!
| It should not be too hard to take some parameters - with wildcards -
and resolve them with DSPOBJD to get a list of files to apply the
FNDSTRPDM to - that'd be cool in REXX!