From the help:
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Salter, James
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2008 7:49 AM
Subject: IBM AFP600 Drivers
IBM AFP4028 works well also.
Here were the documents steps from way back. They may still work.
I think the link below may not work, so search for AFP Print Drivers on
1) Download AFP Print Driver from Internet.
Web address - www.printers.ibm.com/R5PSC.NSF/Web/afpdr
Select Windows Version that you have.
2) Expand File into your directory
3) Create IBM AFP Printer on your pc
Start: Settings: Printers: Add printer: Next: Local Printer: Next:
IBM CORP: IBM 4028
Have Disk: Locate oemsetup.inf from directory that it was loaded
Ok, next, available port = file, enter printer name, default printer
= no, test page = no
4) Printer Properties - Landscape or Portrait, Papersize, Output =
5) Design form using Windows based application
Lexmark, Excel, Notepad, HTML, Word, Write, CRW, etc.
OR Copy and Modify an existing form
*NOTE If this form uses fonts other than Times New Roman or Helvetica,
scanning may be needed.
( I am not sure if Times New Roman or Helvetica are the only
things that work, but I included it just so that you were
aware of it)
6) Or scan in image as a .TIF format.
Use Microsoft Photo Editor and/or Paintbrush to touch up the image.
Make sure the image is 8.5 x 11 if it is portrait.
7) Print this form or image to the printer you created.
This will create a file that will be sent to the AS/400
(Name this file something meaningful like TEST.OVL)
8) Create a file on the AS/400 to receive the printed file contents
CRTPF FILE(TESTLIB/TESTFILE) RCDLEN(32766) MAXMBRS(*NOMAX) LVLCHK(*NO)
9) Transfer the File using FTP or Shared Folders
a) FTP - ftp SYSNAME
login using username, password
put test.ovl testlib/testfile
b) Shared folders - map a drive
copy file into folder
CPYFRMPCD FROMFLR(AFP) TOFILE(TESTLIB/TESTFILE)
10) Create Overlay from the file
CRTOVL OVL(TESTLIB/TEST) FILE(TESTLIB/TESTFILE)
11) OVRPRTF, CHGPRTF, or CRTPRTF using DDS Overlay keyword
CHGPRTF FILE(QGPL/TESTPRTF) FRONTOVL(TESTLIB/TEST .2 .2)
**** NOTE printfile must be of device type *AFPDS
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2013 by MIDRANGE dot COM and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available here. If you have questions about this, please contact