From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Shannon ODonnell
Sent: Friday, 11 July 2008 7:42 a.m.
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Search OS/400 Physical Files

Sure, I could write this. I just didn't want to have to do that for this
one shot search I wanted to run. I was hoping there might be a solution
already out there.

So far I think the RSE find string (which is nothing more than FNDSTRPDM) is
probably the best solution for what I need because I can search an entire
library at once. It's just super slow for me because it's a slow connection
to the server and there are a lot of files to search. I'll probably end up
doing that anyway.