Could you roll your own using the combination of Systables and Syscolumns? I've done stuff like that in SQL Server Windoze programs to dynamically create SQL Update statements on the fly.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Shannon ODonnell
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 3:10 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Search OS/400 Physical Files

Yup

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dave Odom
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 1:37 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Vern, et al,

I think what Shannon is looking for and I for sure am, is a native i5/OS Search function that allows me to put in a character string or whatever and *ALL libraries, if I so desire, and have it search ALL files in all libraries, particularly source or physical files and have it function like
the Search function in Windoz. I have entered STRPDM, I have pulled up a
list of objects from all libraries, I have put in 25 in the option field of the first on the list (shouldn't have to do this if I want to search all objects in one or more libraries in the first place) and I pressed enter. I
get "Option 25 not valid". So, I then tried WRKF. I say all files, all
libs, PF. I get a list. I put in 25 in the option field of the first
file, I get "Specified option number not allowed". I have *ALLOBJ and am a
SECADM. So, I don't see ANYTHING that allows me to do a Windoz like search
on all objects for a character string or anything like it. What am I
missing?

Thanks,

Dave