Re: XML & IPRISM, FTP

fixed

Adam,

Buck, is it the only way ? I should be able to do this via an FTP
process.

IMHO, FTP is more dangerous to allow than HTTP. With FTP, you're sending a password in clear text, plus you have to allow many additional ports. And if you want standard/active FTP to work (as opposed to passive) you need to allow incoming connections on all of those ports.

HTTP is only one port, outgoing only, doesn't typically require a userid/password.

The nature of the shop is highly security concious and they are
afraid to 'open up the I to the entire world'.

With all due respect, you have it backwards. You aren't opening up your i to the world. You're opening up the world to your i.

The rest of the world won't be able to access your i. But your i will be able to access the world. That's a pretty big distinction.