Buck, is it the only way ? I should be able to do this via an FTP process.

The nature of the shop is highly security concious and they are afraid to 'open up the I to the entire world'. It is not something I think I can fight at this time, due to various political considerations.

--- On Wed, 7/9/08, Buck <kc2hiz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Buck <kc2hiz@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XML & IPRISM, FTP
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, July 9, 2008, 1:24 PM

Adam wrote:

Yes, they won't allow for any changes on this. I have to come up with
an alternative to get this data. How can I do this using FTP?

If the network guys have blocked access, you can't use the network to
get there. It's really that simple.

For a test, try to FTP the file to your PC at home, put it on a thumb
drive or a CD, take it to work, load it onto your PC inside the
firewall, then FTP it to the IBM i.

Long-term, if this web service is the only reasonable way to get
currency data in real time, you ought to get your boss to talk to the
network guy to open up access for the IBM i to that site.
--buck