Dynamically Assigning A Value To A Date Filed

fixed

Hi All

Wonder if anyone can help.

I have the following defined in a PRGILE program.

D TestDate S D DatFmt(*iso) INZ(D'2008-07-04')

However what I want to do is assign a value to TestDate at runtime.

ie Something like

Eval TestDate = '2008-07-04'

Can't find anything about how to do this and when I try it
I get a compile time message that the left and right type are not the
same.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Iain Wilson