Thanks for the idea, I didn't even think of QUADJRN!
QAUDJRN showed it was indeed the *JRN object causing the authority
failure. I did some EDTOBJAUT experimenting on the *JRN object and
found the following to be the minimum *PUBLIC authority (so far) I could
get away with:
O M E A R R A U D E
X X X
(This lines up for me prior to sending the email, but just in case it
doesn't upon arrival, the 3 X's are all under the "-----Object------"
portion of the screen, under the "O", "M", and "A", respectively.
The help text says:
Object - Help
The authorities that the user has specifically to the objects. An "X" in
the column indicates that the user has the specified authority to the
object named in the row. The specific object authorities are:
Object operational authority provides authority to look at the object's
attributes and to use the object as specified by the data authorities
that the user has to the object.
Object management authority provides authority to specify security, to
move or rename the object, and to add members if the object is a
Object existence authority provides authority to control the object's
existence and ownership.
Object alter authority provides authority to change the attributes of an
object, such as adding or removing triggers and adding members for a
Object reference authority provides authority to specify the object as
the first level in a referential constraint.
You can type an "X" or a blank to give or remove specific object
I'm going to try removing from under the "O" and "M" individually and
see what happens. If I read it right, I can remove it from under the
"O" 'cause *PUBLIC doesn't *have* any data rights.
Thanks for your help