In your situation, I would:

Create a duplicate object of the current level of the file (plus any logicls
over that file that your process uses) in QTEMP

1. CPYF from the archived file using *MAP *DROP to the file you just
created
2. Make sure that in your library list QTEMP is ahead of the library
where the production version resides
3. When the job ends, QTEMP (and the files you created therein)
automagically dissapear.

This wil keep the level checks from happening in the first place. If your
logicals are named with the same pattern as the physical file, you can do
this before you call the RPG program:

1. CRTDUPOBJ OBJ(file*) FROMLIB(prod_lib) OBJTYPE(*FILE) TOLIB(QTEMP)
DATA(*NO)
2. CPYF FROMFILE(archive_lib/file)TOFILE(QTEMP/file) MBROPT(*REPLACE)
FMTOPT(*MAP *DROP)

assuming that the field names are the same.

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 9:37 AM, David FOXWELL <David.FOXWELL@xxxxxxxxx>