From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of jim t
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 2:54 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: DASD swap on 810?

I have to agree that the best way is to unload/reload. If your backup takes
3 hours then plan about 12 hours to complete the save/install drives/init
drives/start raid/restore. When you remove the old drives label them in case
you are given a bad 70gb drive & have to put the 35's back in.
I do not see how HA software would help. HA software will create journal
entries and send them to a remote system to be applied the the files in
sequence. This does not seem to be his problem.
Jim