Joe Pluta wrote:
Steve Richter wrote:
A BP is quoting me $16K for 5761-WDS ( the ILE compilers ) on the JS12 blade
system. As I think I understand it, the software is priced at $1600 per
user and you have to license it for 10 users.

is this true?

Steve, I get completely lost as soon as the licensing and marketing people get involved. On the one hand, IBM is busily telling everyone that for a P05 the minimum user count is one, but yet the same company has said that the JS12 is a P05 machine, but you must buy software in groups of 10.

Now, the user count for the blade *may* be for just the operating system, and you can license the tools at the normal pricing. I suggest you send email to all of the parties involved (such as George Farr) in order to get your answer.

Joe
Just to clear the air... OS does get ordered in 10 user blocks. WDS can be ordered in 1 user blocks. Below is the output from eConfig. This is the tool the the BPs and Distributors use to configure and price most HW and SW in the i world. These are list Dollars US and were generated for a JS12. I included '1' Named User for each orderable option. What you need or order is up to the client.

5761-WDS IBM WEBSP DEVELOPMENT STUDIO 1 N/C
1482 BASE FEATURE 1 N/C
1483 P05 HERITAGE COMPILER 1 N/C
1511 PER USER HERITAGE COMPILER 1 1,295.00 OTC B
1512 P05 ADTS 1 N/C
1540 PER USER ADTS 1 795.00 OTC B
1568 P05 ILE COMPILER FEATURE 1 N/C
1602 PER USER ILE COMPILER 1 1,795.00 OTC B
2924 ENGLISH U/L SBCS PRIMARY 1 N/C
3441 LPAR SYSTEM INDICATOR 1 N/C
5819 V6R1 5761-WDS BASE FEATURE 1 N/C
5911 V6R1 5761-WDS ILE COMPILERS 1 N/C
5912 V6R1 5761WDS HERITAGE COMPILER 1 N/C
5913 V6R1 5761-WDS ADTS FEATURE 1 N/C