DASD swap on 810?

fixed

We are in the high 80% range, and I am exploring options to replace the
current drives in our 9406/810. Currently, all 6 slots are occupied with
35GB (model 4326) disk units, under RAID parity protection. I'd like to
replace them with 70GB units.

I know we can break the RAID, offload a drive, and remove for a larger
unit. Can this be done while the system is active (i.e. not restricted
state or DST)? We've done concurrent maintenance for drive replacements,
but am unsure for this type of swap. Obviously we would do a full system
save before and after this operation.

How is the load source handled in this scenario?

Since we have so little free space, we would need to swap one drive,
then another. The third round we should be able to swap two drives, then
two more.

Advice and RTMs appreciated.

Loyd Goodbar

Business Systems