From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Craig Jacobsen
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 3:17 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: SQL group totals

SQL gurus,

I need to get 2 group totals.
I have a table that contains Co#, Cust#, PO#, Order#, Pick#.
There could be multiple Order#s and multiple Pick#s.
(One PO# could generate more than one internal Order# and each Order#
generate more than one pick#.

The warehouse manager would like to see a report by detail (no problem):
Co# Cust# PO# Order# Pick#
100 101 a1 1 1
100 101 a1 1 2
100 101 a1 1 3
100 101 a1 2 4
100 101 a1 2 5

And a report summary:
Co# Cust# PO# #Orders #Picks
100 101 a1 2 5

I could write an RPG program and use level breaks which would be very easy
for me. I am worried about maintaining the program when I'm not around
not everyone here understands the RPG cycle.

How would I do this with SQL?

This e-mail transmission contains information that is intended to be confidential and privileged. If you receive this e-mail and you are not a named addressee you are hereby notified that you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this communication without the consent of the sender and that doing so is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected. After replying, please delete and otherwise erase it and any attachments from your computer system. Your assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.