Re: how to tell if website hosted on iseries is down

fixed

Which do you mean?

There are services on the internet (free and pay) that can monitor a url, and email you when its availability drops and comes back up. (for instance an isp/comm problem)

Or... do you mean monitoring the qhttpsvr subsystem to see if the webinstance jobs are running?

"tim" <tim2006@xxxxxxxxxxx> 6/30/2008 11:25 AM >>>
Our iSeries is hosting a website (apache).

I would like to know when the website is down.

What would be the best way to handle this?