Jeff Crosby wrote:
Doh!

I was doing a CHGJRN first, *then* trying to determine what receiver was just detached. I just need to do the RTVJRNA first.

FWiW: Using RTVJRNA to get the current attached receiver, to know in advance what the upcoming CHGJRN *GEN will have detached, is only valid if the journal has been allocated since before the retrieve; i.e. nothing else prevents another requester of CHGJRN, from changing the journaling environment between the retrieve & change within the program. ALCOBJ does not support the Object Type *JRN. A user program can of course, /assume/ whatever; e.g. that no other user or program will\can do that, irrespective of its validity.

Although I recommend using RCVMSG to let the CHGJRN notify what it did, that still _does not resolve_ the general issue of another program or user having done a CHGJRN outside of that one program. In either case, it may be safest to parse the receiver chain to know what receivers have been detached; e.g. to ensure that the prior detached receivers were also saved, and if not, to add them to the list to be saved. Such a program could instead be reactive, whereby if it deletes the journal receiver after its processing, because the existence of a previously detached receiver would be notified by the failure of the [out of sequence] delete.

Regards, Chuck