"sjl" <sjl_abc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
06/25/2008 02:05 PM
Re: Finding a locked file

Your answer is still not specific enough...

- Do you have programs that attempt to exclusively allocate a given file
order to process it? - Yes

- Are there situations where program A has retrieved a record for update
has the record locked, but program B is attempting to retrieve the same
record for update and failing?

Possible....I have not reviewed every program to know if it is locking a
record while the second program is trying to allocate the exact same
record. Part of the problem is by the time we get out of bed and check,
the issue has gone away....and thus we are unable to determine if this
problem occurs.

I'm assuming that this is all batch processing. Please correct me if my
assumption is wrong. - Yes this is all batch processing....some of it
occurs in single threaded job queues while others occur in qbatch.

- sjl