No, I don't think that the codes need to be in EBCDIC. I did some tests since my original post and it seems to me that the linefeed "event" doesn't get triggered for AFPDS spooled files. I think that Vertical Absolute Movement (VERAMOV) tag should be used, but I can't seem to pick the right values for the parameters. I'm still in the dark with this one...

----- Original Message ----
From: Michael Ryan <michaelrtr@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2008 8:03:42 PM
Subject: Re: AFPDS conversion to text

Just a WAG, but do the hex codes need to be in EBCDIC since it's being
converted? Or, is it some other code page problem?

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 12:35 PM, Goran Saric <goran_saric@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm trying to convert AFPDS spooled files to ASCII files to get to the raw text data. I'm using the host print API (QWPZHPTR, QwpzHostPrintTransform), or to be more specific, I'm using the IBM supplied (as is) utility HPTTOFLR which is built around the host print API. I have created my own WSCST object based on the following code:

DATA ='20'X.
DATA ='0D'X.
DATA ='0C'X.
DATA ='0D0A'X.

The problem is in the fact that the resulting text file doesn't contain carriage return characters at the end of each line even though they are specified in my custom WSCST object. All the other characters get converted correctly. I have tried various different hex characters in my code, but none of them seems to work.

Any help with this problem is appreciated.