I agree that the POWER path is not in any way indicative of the future of the i5/OS [and now the IBM i Operating System], nor any other OS that can now, or may eventually, run on that architecture.

Although I did not see any winking icon to imply sarcasm, sarcasm was inferred from the last comment. So FWiW I did find on my first and only review, that the IBM System i 525 Express was the top recommended server by the /IBM Systems advisor tool/ for a request where I specified that I had /no preference/ for all questions which might directly imply the System i. That was a search for a server that provides support for ERP, Database Serving, Application Serving and Collaboration & Email, using the /Find a server/ link from:
http://www.ibm.com/systems/express/systemsadvisor/index.html

The number of articles for /IBM System i/ hardware [or similarly, by choice of Operating System] available at each of the following links, for i-related versus the number of articles available for other choices, is at least somewhat interesting:
http://www-304.ibm.com/jct09002c/partnerworld/wps/pub/systems/technical/resources
over 300 versus less than 25 for each of the others
http://www-304.ibm.com/jct09002c/partnerworld/wps/pub/systems/training/courses
over 90 versus less than 3 for each of the others
http://www-304.ibm.com/jct09002c/partnerworld/wps/pub/systems/technical/roadmaps
30 versus 6 or fewer for each of the others

Regards, Chuck

Neil Palmer wrote:
Those who paid careful attention to what Dr. Frank did and didn't say
this morning may have noticed that he did not talk about the future
of "S/38 - AS/400 - iSeries - System i - i" at all. He merely talked
about the future of POWER and programming changes needed to exploit
that technology.

He made no mention at all of any future enhancements to follow "i
6.1.0" in "i 6.2.0" or "i 7.1.0" however I'm sure they will all be
posted soon on an IBM web site somewhere. Probably right next to the
page that clearly explains to customers and prospects why "i" is
better for their business than AIX/Linux/Windows and why they should
choose it.