Hi Doug,

I was looking into this a few months ago. We had an IBM 3570 Tape Drive
and went to a LTO1. (BTW Rob, your old tapes are working great:-) I
needed to get some data off of one my old backups, and the price I found
was about $500-$800, for just 3 tapes. We never did get the old data!

What you are looking at doing will probably be QUITE expensive.

Good Luck!!!

Thanx,

Nick

Nick Radich
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
EPC Molding, Inc.
Direct (320) 679-6683
Toll free (800) 388-2155 ext. 6683
Fax (320) 679-4516
nick_radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Hart, Doug - EI" <Doug.Hart@xxxxxxx>
06/16/2008 02:32 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
RE: Tape Format Conversion Services

Thanks, but we might have 10,000 volumes to be converted. We just want
to have a truck come and take them all. Then return new tapes for our
LTO4 library. We expect that since the volume on new media is so great
that we can greatly reduce the number of cartridges. This will reduce
our storage costs.

--
Douglas Hart