From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Porterfield, Sean
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2008 1:55 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Printer Config Issue

I'm having a bit of trouble following, I guess. Your original email says:

The printer was there, but with a status of *Varied Off.
So I varied it on and the status went to *Vary On Pending.

If the device was varied off, it could not also be started at the same time. They are mutually exclusive.

With a 5250 printer session, you cannot use STRPRTWTR. The writer must be started by the client. Starting the session can automatically vary the printer device on, though.

Sean Porterfield