Re: RGZPFM quick question

fixed

I always thought no. But, check the help text. On my system (V5R3) it
states that if you specify keyfile(*none) the sequence is unchanged and
only the deleted records are removed.

jamesl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 06/06/2008 10:31:44 AM >>>
Given a non-keyed physical file with no logicals, but a lot of deleted
records:

If you RGZPFM to squeeze out the deleted records, without specifying any

change in the sequence, are the records guaranteed to still be in the
same order they were in before you started?