I believe you're thinking of the Address Resolution Protocol Table (ARP) table.

On a PC you can dump it via command line, arp -a

I believe there is a way to see the System I's also, but don't know it off the top of my head.

Charles Wilt
Software Engineer
CINTAS Corporation - IT 92B



-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Shannon ODonnell
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 2:48 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: Route Table


I'm trying to remember what a TCP/IP table is called. It's on any PC or
iSeries.and it's what gets updated periodically, automatically, when you
connect to some new IP address.

I keep thinking it's called the route table, but I don't think that's it.
More along the lines of an SNMP table or something like that maybe?

Anyone know what I'm talking about?


Shannon O'Donnell

This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing
To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/midrange-l
or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.

This e-mail transmission contains information that is intended to be confidential and privileged. If you receive this e-mail and you are not a named addressee you are hereby notified that you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this communication without the consent of the sender and that doing so is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected. After replying, please delete and otherwise erase it and any attachments from your computer system. Your assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.

This thread ...


Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page