The OVRPRTF is probably the easiest way to accomplish the goal. However, Query Management has a lot more to it, and there are other ways - not to say I've used them. E.g., there is a QM command, PRINT, that includes a WIDTH parameter. This can be executed using a Callable Interface - CI. The same CI can also be used to set the values of replacement variables. All this information is in a manual called "Query Management Programming". It's located at InfoCenter under Database in all the recent releases. That's where the information is related to the printer files used by QM. Also some of the same suggestions we have posted here.

There are also things called QM procedures, although I've not looked at those in a while and do not remember if you can pass values to them - they are source members, after all.

So Jerry, you old dog, there are some more tricks to learn!!

Vern

From: "Aaron Abreu" <abreual@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Jerry,
you are correct, the ovrprt runs first everytime,
but its not extra work, the CL is compiled and
run from a CALL command so actually, once
written, I never even see this part again,

and---a big advantage to me for my work..
I can modify the source sql as many times as I
want too, and never have to touch the CL again.
unless the sql fields add up to a report so wide
that the size parameters in the CL no longer
keep it on 1 page.. thats pretty rare.. maybe
1 time year..

HTH
Aaron