Charles, I am not sure what to say except to make sure that you take out
of the equation the wrong tape being used.

Make sure you use the right tape, even expiring the tape or initializing
it if needed.

If everything works when the right tape is being used, then all you need
to worry about is using the correct tape.

If the right tapes are being used & you still have the problem, you may
want to see what processes actually are using the libraries.

There may be some processes that may need to be stopped prior to the
backup & restarted.

Also, a good IPL may do wonders if it hasn't been done in a while.

Make sure you have the latest backup & recovery PTF's loaded as well.

Thanks.
James Salter
Systems Programmer
American Cast Iron Pipe Co