From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Evan Harris
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 6:07 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: VPN access

Hi Ron

What kind of access to the IFS do they need ? If the access is "network
share" type activity then my reading of your situation is that you would
need a VPN connection as you need access to the network.

This differs significantly from your original "banks don't need VPN"
scenario - banks (at least in my experience) don't allow you to connect
their network to share files.

But maybe your IFS access is something else.

Regards
Evan Harris