Larry,

The biggest problem I have with 6.1 is wondering how many people have
adopted it. As many know, I put on the latest version of the OS as early
as I possibly can. I saw it before Al Barsa did. However, due to the
many vendors having to be dragged kicking and screaming to get their
products to pass ANZOBJCVN I do not even have it on my "development"
machine yet. It's to the point where I either dump my current CM vendor
(Softlanding) and get a new one or wait even longer. I am getting a demo
from the second of two alternatives this week.
Too many vendors waited until they got V6R1 in house before they even ran
ANZOBJCVN to get ready. Some were in the same predicament as I was. My
"test" machine (270) would not support V6R1 so I waited until my new
machine arrived (6 hours after it was announced at COMMON). I was only
able to load V6R1 (prior to the new machine) on one lpar on one machine (a
520) that had vendor compatibility - and that lpar ran strictly Domino
applications. And even that one uses a popular antivirus package for
Domino that is dragging their feet on getting V6R1 in house to test.

That being said, I do have V6R1 loaded on the test machine now. And have
completed a month end in a popular ERP package with no problems. According
to that vendor, I am still the only person outside of their lab to run
their package on V6R1 (that they know of). I did have to get numerous
upgrades to pass ANZOBJCVN from them and their official upgrades to get
past ANZOBJCVN aren't expected out until June.

Summary, what I've seen seems to be stable. Run ANZOBJCVN now and pass
that test before thinking of going to V6R1. Ask your vendors if they, or
any customer they know of, is running their application on V6R1 yet.