What I had been told was that MS used AS/400s for accounting systems and that they spun off that part of the organization as its own company that still does all the accounting for MS and they still use iSeries but since it was no longer MS they could say they stopped using them.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ketzes, Larry
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 11:28 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: IBM & Microsoft

I wish. It is a very well guarded video, and I would not divulge in this
forum how I saw it as that would put someone in an uncomfortable position,
but I believe it to be around 12 years old or so. Gates spoke to the
platforms great security and other things.

If anyone wants to discuss further offline, that would be cool.

Larry Ketzes | Senior iSeries System Administrator | AIG / ALICO - American
Life Insurance Company
One ALICO Plaza, 600 N. King Street, AMIS | Wilmington, DE 19801 | *:
302.594.2146 | 7: 302.830.4524| *: larry.ketzes@xxxxxxx