This is probably totally irrelevant to your needs, but............
I did some work for Harcourt in Orlando back in 1999 when UPS got into
MaxiCode and required Harcourt to comply. I had to learn the IGP/PGL
printer language...not fun. The printers were in TX, so I had to work
very closely (via phone) with the TX guy who knew the printer pretty
well and could help me out with what was actually printing compared to
what I thought I was sending to the printer. I don't know how I would
have gotten it done without his help.

Getting those codes right was a chore. I'd create the label, view the
spooled file checking the codes interspersed with text and then ask the
guy in TX to print and fax me the results. Many times, he's just eyeball
it and tell me what was happening. There was some kind of xref table, I
think, that I could look at to see what I should send.

The following is an example from a manual.

~CREATE;MAXI (Enter Create Form Mode)
BARCODE (New Bar Code command)
MAXICODE;DARK;32;54
(Vertical Dark MAXICODE at SR 32, SC 54)
*[)>|n01|m97841706672|m840|m001|m1Z12345675|mUPSN|m12345E|m0
89|m|m1/1|m10.1|mY|m|m|mUT|n|$*
(Data Field * all on one line
PDF;A (Upper Data Field)
STOP (Ends Bar Code command)
END (Terminates Create Form Mode)
~EXECUTE;MAXI;1 (Execute the form, form count of 1)

Don't remember what model or much else. Maybe you could contact someone
at Harcourt to see which printers they are using these days.

Fran Denoncourt
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Pinal County Treasurer's Office
Florence, AZ 85232
(520) 866-6404

Receipt of this message does not grant you permission to send me
Unsolicited Commercial Email

Adam West <adamster@xxxxxxxxx> 05/15/2008 11:27 AM >>>
Paul, About this text to send over, is it a matter what type of fields
should
these be defined as on the Iseries? Is it a simple eval =, or is this a
need for
biton, bitof etc.

DO you perhaps have a code line sample of this?