You will have to look at your twinax, tape drive, and console issues and
decide yourself. I don't see those as big issues but I'm sure your shop
will feel differently.

Pricing will vary but while the M15's usually will come in at a higher
acquisition cost I think you will find that the M15's will be about 10%
to 15% better in price performance compared to 515's. You are paying
more but also getting more. In my world we always end up using the more
so I don't think of it as being processor rich.

We just selected two M15's instead of 515's but we have no twinax, the
internal LTO4's saved our butts, and we were planning on a HMC anyway.
The lease rates were more favorable for the M15's so if you are thinking
of leasing keep that in mind.

Michael Crump

Manager, Computing Services
Saint-Gobain Containers, Inc.
1509 S. Macedonia Ave.
Muncie, IN 47302
765.741.7696
765.741.7012 f

This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended
solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views
or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Saint-Gobain. <redaction>. If you are
not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments, you must
take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to
anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this
email in error.

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.