From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 9:55 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Size of Network Storage Server Spaces for Guested i's

WRKDSKSTS
Size %
Unit Type (M) Used
1 6B22 233020 98.7
2 6B22 93212 29.2

Gee, I even did the Add and balance when I went into SST and added the
second drive.
Should I run the
STRASPBAL TYPE(*CAPACITY)
or the
TRCASP and STRASPBAL TYPE(*USAGE)

I am wondering if what you said is true also, but I'd like the hear the
thunder of God in the background when I'm told that.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Wilt, Charles" <WiltC@xxxxxxxxxx>
05/15/2008 09:36 AM
Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: Size of Network Storage Server Spaces for Guested i's

Rob,

I know nothing about guested LPAR's....

But does each storage space appear to the guested LPAR as a disk unit?

I'm wondering if something deep in the (guested) OS performs better when
it thinks it has multiple
disks to work with.

Charles Wilt
--