Thank you!!

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of ALopez@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 7:53 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Password change question

If we put a new password interval in today when will it actually request
password to be changed? Currently we don't have an expiration on them so
if
it was changed today to 45 days, would the users have to change them at
next
sign on or would it wait for 38 days before giving them the 7 day
notice. We
are at V5.2

At the their next sign on. The date the password was last changed is
stored by the system. You can see this date using GO SECTOOLS, option 49
- User profile information, Type of information - *PWDINFO. At their next
sign on that password changed date is compared to the expiration interval
(first in the user profile, then in the sysval if that's where the profile
points), and they are required to change the password.

It's interesting to note that the system does not change the value of
PWDEXP - 'Set password to expired' in the user profile. While you can
force a password change using it, you can also set a user's password
interval to 1 day and they will be forced to change the password at their
next signon. If they don't and abort the sign on, their profile still
shows *NO for PWDEXP. If you then change the password interval in their
profile back to *NOMAX, they can immediately sign on without being
requested to change the password.