I've got an issue where IFS files (in various directories) were deleted
yesterday when a user profile that "owned" them got deleted. I've got a
backup but just "not sure" on the restore, seems like I remember a
"gotcha". An example below of what I "think" I should do but since this
affects our web site (which is down because of the missing files) want to
double check with y'all. My question is: IF I run the below command will
it will "only" restore the filea.txt AND leave everything else in this
directory (and any subdirs) as is. I've just got a funny feeling that
there's a gotcha but can't confirm that anywhere.

I've got a BUNCH of these to do from looking at the DSPTAP from the IFS Save
and finding those owned by the user profile that was deleted, spread across
multiple directories that are used by our web site.

Restore Object
(RST)

Type choices, press
Enter.

Device . . . . . . . . . . . . . >
'/qsys.lib/tap01.dev'

+ for more
values

Objects:

Name . . . . . . . . . . . . . >
'/home/FosterD/filea.txt'

Include or omit . . . . . . . *INCLUDE *INCLUDE,
*OMIT
New object name . . . . . . . >
'/home/FosterD/filea.txt'

+ for more
values
Name
pattern:
Pattern . . . . . . . . . . .
'*'

Include or omit . . . . . . . *INCLUDE *INCLUDE,
*OMIT
+ for more
values

More...
F3=Exit F4=Prompt F5=Refresh F10=Additional parameters
F12=Cancel
F13=How to use this display F24=More
keys

Restore Object
(RST)

Type choices, press
Enter.

Directory subtree . . . . . . . *ALL *ALL, *DIR, *NONE, *OBJ,
*STG
*NONE

Create parent directories . . . *NO *NO,
*YES

Bottom