Lukas,

Surely that CHF 2996 is for 4 drives?

Here in Canada we get ripped off on exchange by IBM
too. Even though our dollar has (on average)
basically been at par with the US for about a year now
we pay CDN$635 for the #3676 69.7GB SAS disks - which
sell for US$498. So basically IBM is charging us a
27% premium for them over the US (when the Toronto
area is closer to Rochester than Los Angeles, New York
or Houston they can't claim it's the expense of
shipping).

I thought that 27% premium was bad, but they charge us
a 49% premium for the #4327 70GB SCSI disks (US$ 999,
CDN$1490).

We supposedly have "free trade" with the US - so maybe
you have some import duties on computer items?

CDN$635 is around CHF 650 so that would make four of
the #3676's around CHF 2600. I could see a bit more
tacked on to that, which might explain the CHF 2996 if
that's the price for four drives (I can't believe IBM
would have the balls to charge you more than 4 times
the US price).

...Neil

--- Lukas Beeler <lukas.beeler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 7:58 PM, Crump, Mike