Vern, Elvis, Chuck
I tried several different variations including this last one. Tried deleting the file as suggested. [dltf trsfdd/impactb - not found]
This is over a copy of the original file. Tried it with ERRLVL(30) and (31). Same results.
Went to the site suggested. Still not working.

drop alias trsfdd/IMPACTB;
Create alias trsfdd/IMPACTB FOR TRsfdd/TRIMPCPNEW;
UPDATE trsfdd/IMPACTB
set PCPROC = ' ';

RUNSQLSTM SRCFILE(TRSFDD/SQLSRC) SRCMBR(UPDATEIMP) COMMIT(*NONE) ERRLVL(31)

IMPACTB in TRSFDD type *FILE not found.
Message ID . . . . . . : SQL0204 Severity . . . . . . . : 30
Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic
Date sent . . . . . . : 05/12/08 Time sent . . . . . . : 08:46:01

Message . . . . : IMPACTB in TRSFDD type *FILE not found.
Alternative name for file IMPACTB not allowed.
Message ID . . . . . . : CPF327E Severity . . . . . . . : 40
Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic
Date sent . . . . . . : 05/12/08 Time sent . . . . . . : 08:46:01

Message . . . . : Alternative name for file IMPACTB not allowed.
Cause . . . . . : An attempt was made to create, move, or change database
file IMPACTB with alternative name *N into library TRSFDD. However, the
operation was not done for reason code 2. The reason codes are:
1 - The alternative name is not a valid database alternative name.
2 - The alternative name is a duplicate of the alternative name for
database file IMPACTB that already exists in library TRSFDD.
File IMPACTB not created in library TRSFDD.
IMPACTB in TRSFDD type *FILE already exists.
Message ID . . . . . . : SQL0601 Severity . . . . . . . : 30
Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic
Date sent . . . . . . : 05/12/08 Time sent . . . . . . : 08:46:01

Message . . . . : IMPACTB in TRSFDD type *FILE already exists.
Cause . . . . . : An attempt was made to create IMPACTB in TRSFDD or to
rename a table, view, alias, or index to IMPACTB, but IMPACTB already
exists. All tables, views, aliases, indexes, SQL packages, constraints,
triggers, and user-defined types in the same schema must have unique names.
-- If IMPACTB is a temporary table, it cannot be replaced unless the WITH
REPLACE clause is specified.
-- If the schema name is *N, this is a CREATE SCHEMA statement. If this
is a CREATE TABLE or ALTER TABLE statement and the type is *N, IMPACTB is a
constraint.
Object IMPACTB in TRSFDD type *FILE not found.
IMPACTB in TRSFDD type *FILE not found.

Fran Denoncourt
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Pinal County Treasurer's Office
Florence, AZ 85232
(520) 866-6404

Receipt of this message does not grant you permission to send me
Unsolicited Commercial Email

CRPence <CRPbottle@xxxxxxxxx> 05/10/2008 1:36 PM >>>
CPF327E will mention RCLSTG, but not for RC2 [return code 2] which is
_expected_ prior to a SQL0601. Either the DROP should remain in the
script [what is given shows it is commented with '--'] and ERRLVL(30) be
used, or the CREATE ALIAS should also be commented\removed from the
script. The RC2 suggests to delete the file IMPACT in library TRSFDD
[or choose a unique name; reiterated in the SQL0601], if the CREATE is
intended to ignore the error. Or ERRLVL(31) could be used to ignore the
-601 condition, but that would likely be ignoring too much in a script.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/topic/sqlp/rbafyexecutestmt.htm

If RC3 for CPF327E, do one of the following for recovery, but best
only *after* doc collection to assist determining origin [open a PMR
with IBM]:

RCLSTG SELECT(*DBXREF) /* restricted state required */
RCLDBXREF /* prompt for parms; not on older releases */
CALL QDBXRCTX /* I do not recall parms; search internet */

Regards, Chuck

Frances Denoncourt wrote:
I had a sql stmt that ran just fine until this afternoon. It worked
all morning just fine. I think it started aborting when I deleted the
file, made mods, recreated it.

Found something about RCLSTG - not something I'll be doing or asking
OPS. I tried using a different alias. Didn't work.

How do you even view a list of aliases for a file? We don't have a
SQL - cannot STRSQL, but can RUNSQLSTM using a source file.

Spent a couple of hours trying to track this down. Your help would
be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Fran

RUNSQLSTM SRCFILE(TRSFDD/SQLSRC) SRCMBR(UPDATEIMP) COMMIT(*NONE)
Alternative name for file IMPACT not allowed.
File IMPACT not created in library TRSFDD.
IMPACT in TRSFDD type *FILE already exists.
RUNSQLSTM command failed. RUNSQLSTM command failed.

After the 'already exists' I tried this:

--drop alias trsfdd/impact;
Create alias trsfdd/Impact FOR TRLIBDTA/TRIMPCP ;
UPDATE trsfdd/Impact set PCPROC = ' ';