On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 5:35 PM, Joe Pluta <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
included is no benefit. As to hardware; I can have two machines, $1000,
one backing up the other.

Seems inconsistant. On one hand, you're a big fan of selling high
quality, professional hardware (like the POWER platform), but on the
other hand you're selling normal PCs as servers - the latter is just
unprofessional.

See, again you're into opinions. If you start out with fixed premises,
you can make anything look good. With Thunderbird, I can access my

My premise was that SBS had Exchange, the System i didn't have
anything like it but other stuff that SBS didn't have - and that would
even out.

of your software cost. Could you please give us the per seat licensing
for the various i software components?

Here we go:
P05 Basic OTC Infoprint 1 1'183.00
(PDF)
C3Y6D1 P05 OTC Web Query (includes 2 Users) 1 2'525.00
(Web Query)
W3YKA5 P05 Per Processor 3-Year Extended 1 4'794.00
(3Y SWMA)
V0CABG BOTC PSF 1-55 PPM 1 3'777.00
(Printing)
M0D9GE OTC per Proc w/ 90-Day SWMA (M15) 1 4'714.00
(Base OS)
M0EGA7 OTC per 5 Users (M15) 1 2'034.00
(Additional 5 Users)
B0BMV0 P05 OTC 1 1'308.00
(Interactive SQL)
V0C3BG OTC per User ILE Compilers 1 2'935.00
(ILE Compiler, 1 Person)