I take offense at the accusation that "nobody is selling the box".

I work for a small software company. We sell our software to run on IBM i.
That means, when we sell our applications, we sell a server. This week, I
have configured a couple of Power Systems, and the new blade center is a
huge advantage for us. We work hard to sell our applications, promote IBM i,
and as a consequence, we sell hardware for IBM. And we are not alone. The
number of 515 servers sold recently has grown significantly. Where did those
sales come from?

The hardest fight we have had has not been lack of support from IBM, but an
inherent lack of support from the community who remain mired in a past. When
we competed against Windows in the past, we had to fight the "AS/400 is old"
slam, propagated not only by the competition, but by everyone inside our
community who stubbornly refuses to move into a future because IBM has not
done it their particular way. Now, we can install (what appears to be) ONE
server that runs IBM i and Windows!! Customers are loving that they can have
their Windows AND run a great application on a 'single' server. IBM has just
made it easier for us to be in business, and now it is easier for us to
"sell the box".

Whatever complaints you have, whatever myopic vision of a glorious green
past you have, the world is a better place with IBM bringing IBM i to the
mainstream.