bad form Steve...

Thanks,
Tommy Holden

From:
"Steve Richter" <stephenrichter@xxxxxxxxx>
To:
"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
05/05/2008 11:00 AM
Re: AS/400......IBM i

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Anne Lucas <alucas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I learned this morning that Bill Zeitler, IBM Senior Vice President and
Group Executive, Systems and Technology Group, is retiring. What an
awesome legacy he leaves customers and IBMers! Bill was always over
100% in support of the midrange customers and COMMON!

He never lost his love for the details of how technology works. He
always wanted to checkout the insides of the box. When walking through
the COMMON Expo on his last visit to COMMON, he stopped at nearly every
booth with a computer and talked "tech talk".

At the Nashville COMMON conference, he wanted a minute by minute update
on the latest IBM announcement....what do customers think? In the midst
of all the announcement stuff, retirement plans, and being a very busy
IBM executive, he and his wife took the time to attend Al Barsa's
funeral service.

It's gonna take some "big shoes" to fill his place!

if the drastic decline in investment in IBM i is true, then Zeitler is
responsible, no? Hopefully his replacement will believe IBM should
fight toe to toe against MSFT for dominance in the operating system
and runtime framework space.

-Steve