Themes you mean? I'd like a B&W theme (for documentation), a standard/default theme, and a couple of attention-getting schemes (maybe "Ice" with blue & turquoise, and "Fire" with yellow and red?) for use when connected to more than one system at a time. However my color sense is so dreadful that doing my own would just be a total mess.

Tom Liotta wrote:
Dan wrote:
Does anyone have a color scheme that makes it obvious it's not the default
color scheme? I've got three systems to connect to, including a new one
that is the production box, and I need to use a color scheme that "stands
out" (but that does not spear the eyes, either). I'm thinking maybe a white
background. FWIW, I'm using iSeries Access for Windows V5R3M0 on WinXP SP2.

I've spent time fine-tuning colors and would have loved a collection of color sets to pick from, so this is a great idea -- build a collection into the archives. At this site, I only have a couple non-standard ones. Getting the color values right can take time, so these are generally just 'good enough'.

These first two are gray-background, with the major difference in the OIA colors but with more details in the first:

[Colors]
ForeText=28 14 37 7 47 24 54 14 37 56 22 7 28 47 7 15 55 7 7 46 28
BackText=0 0 0 0 5 5 0 0 0 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 63 5 0 0
ForeVT=28 0 37 0 28 0 37 0 14 0 6 0 14 0 6 0
BackVT=0 28 0 37 0 28 0 37 0 14 0 6 0 14 0 6
VTGraf=0 47 15 31 55 39 23 3 1 40 8 24 48 32 16 7
ExtendedColorBlue=0000FF E4E4E4
ExtendedColorGreen=00A000 E4E4E4
ExtendedColorWhite=967800 E4E4E4
OIAColorStatusIndicators=0000FF
OIAColorAttentionIndicators=F01818
OIAColorErrorIndicators=FF00FF
OIAColorBackground=FFA200
OtherScreenColor=E4E4E4

[Colors]
ExtendedColorBlue=7890F0 CAFFCA
ExtendedColorGreen=004080 CCFFCC
ExtendedColorWhite=808080 C6FFC6
OtherScreenColor=D5FFD5
ExtendedColorYellow=B3B300 000000

I tend to use those when I'm logging on as a *SECOFR. The color keeps me reminded that I should take more care.

This other one has a pale green background. I use it mostly when logging onto a back-level system where I should expect limited functionality:

[Colors]
ExtendedColorBlue=7890F0 E4E4E4
ExtendedColorGreen=00A000 E4E4E4
ExtendedColorPink=FF00FF E4E4E4
ExtendedColorRed=F01818 E4E4E4
ExtendedColorTurquoise=58F0F0 E4E4E4
ExtendedColorWhite=967800 E4E4E4
ExtendedColorYellow=FFFF00 E4E4E4
OtherScreenColor=E4E4E4

Both the gray and the pale green are easily recognizable and easy on the eyes. I can tell at a glance what a window's usage is. If anyone has suggestions for better color combos in those, I'd like to see them.

Tom Liotta