Rob,

When you go from V5R2 to V5R4 you need to use the API, the post you
sent is going from V5R3 to V6R1. Notice the difference if you are on V5R3 or
V5R3M5 upgrading. The quote below comes from the PSP for V5R4 (SF98540)
which answers the question for upgrading from v5R2 to V5R4.

***From SF98540

3. 29 Jun 2006 If upgrading from i 5.2 to i 5.4 or i.5.4, DO NOT use
the option in the prepare for install menu to allocate
License Internal Code space. Use the API that is
documented in the Information Center for i 5.4
at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/

v5r4/topic/rzahc/allocatespacelic.htm#allocatespacelic

Topic titled: Required: Allocating additional space

for Licensed Internal Code. If using Virtual Media

Install, verify the latest PTFs are installed.

See information APAR II14131 for the latest PTFs

required.

Pete