Mark wants to JOIN tables from separate machines - you can't do that from the iSeries.

DB2 for Windows has federation - lets you do just what Mark wants - but, as Rob said, it's also the SPENDMONEY command.

From: "Eric Lehti" <elehti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Command is (Add RDB Directory Entry) (ADDRDBDIRE)
After setup, then in STRSQL, CONNECT TO

(Add RDB Directory Entry) (ADDRDBDIRE)
Entry: RDB
Relational database . . . . .
Relational database alias . . *NONE
Remote location: RMTLOCNAME
Name or address . . . . . . .

The Add Relational Database Directory Entry (ADDRDBDIRE) command
allows you to add an entry to the relational database directory.
Relational database (RDB) entries can represent local databases or
remote databases. The RDB associated with an entry can also be
classified as a system database or a user database.

There is only one system database per system. It is defined as the
system auxiliary storage pool (ASP number 1) and configured basic
user ASPs (ASP numbers 2-32). A system can be configured to have
one or more user databases. A user database is defined to be an ASP
group that is configured and available. Such a database is joined
to the system database in such a way that all of the objects on the
system database are also accessible through it.

Note: As used in this context, 'system' can refer a locical
partition of an iSeries machine configured with multiple
partitions.
Local databases include the system database and any available user

databases on this system. Remote databases normally reside on

another system, but an unavailable ASP group configured on this

system is also considered to be temporarily remote, because it might

have been switched to another node within a cluster of systems.

Restriction: You must have execute authority to the application

requester driver program to specify the program on this command.

try (RDB)

Specifies the relational database name information.

Note: Valid relational database names and aliases must begin

with a letter and consist of uppercase A-Z, 0-9, and underscore.

Element 1: Relational database