By massive I mean that there are going to be about 30-40 PC's purchased and installed from ground zero. The questions du jour relate to Client Access.

I think we can save the \Program Files\ibm\client access\emulator\private folder to a network drive (defining each user uniquely, of course) and just copy that back onto the PC once C/A is installed. That should keep all of the user's session Ids, printer emulations, keyboard mappings and colors, etc. If that is erroneous, I would certainly like to know.

The bigger question right now, though, is: Is there an easy way to see what each user currently has selected for other stuff, such as ODBC. I know I can go into "Selective Setup" off of the iSeries Access for Windows option in the PC's Start menu, but I have been looking for either a report (don't I wish!) or an .ini or such file. I've found a few files of that nature but none that appears to contain that stuff.

It would seem apparent that I will have to do a full blown re-install rather than just copy some folders because of the entries in the Windows Registry, including re-defining the connection to the production machine. But any simple and easy to understand short cuts would be appreciated because I think their going to farm this PC set-up out to a couple of PC geeks who look cross-eyed at me when I say AS/400, iSeries, System i, or anything that doesn't sound like "PC".

Thanks.