I'm having a devil of a time here. Here is what I last tried (as a test):

CRTSRCPF FILE(FMLLIB/AROCH) MBR(AROCH)

CPYF FROMFILE(ARQCCOM/AROCH) TOFILE(FMLLIB/AROCH) TOMBR(AROCH)
MBROPT(*REPLACE) FMTOPT(*CVTSRC) SRCOPT(*SEQNBR) SRCSEQ(.01 .01)
CPYTOSTMF FROMMBR('/qsys.lib/fmllib.lib/aroch.file/aroch.mbr')
TOSTMF('/flapeyre1/testoch.txt') STMFOPT(*REPLACE) STMFCODPAG(1208)

Then, I tried to manually transfer the /flapeyre1/testoch.txt file over to
Windows, using the AS/400 FTP client. I transferred it as Binary. I opened
it up in Notepad, did a File, Save as, and the Encoding is ANSI (where I
expected it to be Unicode). Using ASCII mode does not help.

I thought code page 1208 would be a Unicode code page, but this does not
seem to make a difference.

Any other suggestions? I would rather not do any post-processing on the
files under Windows, if possible.