I would like for the cursor to be positioned to the first field in error and the
field highlighted. That, and the existing error message. Maybe HI is overkill. Maybe ERRMES changes things in some subtle way. The cursor does appear to be
positioned to the error field, but that may only be a coincidence. Logic in
program is much as you have it-display screen, check for errors, turn on
appropriate indicators, redisplay screen. The only reason I thought I needed a
redisplay keyword ( can't recall the word specifically) is that screen contents
might be buffered, thus not effected by the attribute change. Might try that
tomorrow.

John McKee

Quoting Booth Martin <booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

What behavior are you not seeing that you would like to see? The cursor
should position at the first field in error and all fields in error
should reverse image. I am unclear as to what reverse image.hi light
would look like. White with black letters perhaps?

As to redisplay, I am not following that. If you do a validity check
and their is an error, you have to rewrite the screen: Something like
this is what I do:

c dou *in90 = *off
c exfmt screen
c exsr validatation
c enddo
c validation begsr
c eval *in90 = *off
c do stuff....
c if any errors
c eval *in90 = *on
c endif
c endsr

(Of course, use other indicators for each error, so you can display the
fields in error.)

I suspect this is pretty basic and may even offend you, but its what I
do. :)

John McKee wrote:
Adding DSPATR was my idea to make it a little better. Original code did not
have DSPATR(RI HI PC) in it. The ERRMSG line does display, with and without
the DSPATR keyword. I was wondering if I needed to use a keyword to force
redisplay. I had seen that in the manual, but when I looed at another display
file, did not see it used.

John McKee

--
Booth Martin