Following Rick's advice, the outfile from DSPOBJD does have a field
ODOBSZ, which used to be always the object size, but it is defined as a
10.0 field, so it does not correctly report objects that are 10 gigabytes
or more.

To calculate object size, multiply field ODBPUN (bytes per unit) times
field ODSIZU (size of unit). As long as all your objects are
9,999,999,999 or less, you're OK. However, as soon as you get an object
that is 10 gig, the ODOBSZ will produce the 9,999,999,999, and you're be
in error by the difference.

PETER VIDAL
MAPICS IT TECHNICAL SUPPORT TEAM / SR SYSTEM ANALYST
10540 Ridge Rd., Suite 203, New Port Richey, FL 34654-5111
Tel:727-849-9999, x2414 Fax:727-815-3120
WWW.PALL.COM

"He who kneels the most stands best."
D.L. Moody

<Rick.Chevalier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
04/17/2008 10:19 AM
Please respond to

<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: URGENT !! Situation critique pour mémoire secondaire.

David,

You might try running this command:
DSPOBJD OBJ(*ALLUSR/*ALL)
OBJTYPE(*FILE)
OUTPUT(*OUTFILE)
OUTFILE(OUTFILELIB/OUTFILENME)

Then use SQL to display the output in descending sequence by object size.

It's been a while since I've done operations but here goes.
- Look for log files (QHST* I think) you no longer need.
- Do you have a large number of print files on the system that could be
removed?
- Is there a large number of objects in QRPLOBJ library?

HTH,

Rick