From: stenore@xxxxxxx [mailto:stenore@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 15 April 2008 14:19
To: Paul Scyner
Subject: Re: Migration from V4R5 to V5R2 questions

I actually had to do the same thing, this is what steps I took

Did a complete system save on the 4.5 systems (21)

on the 800 series, scratch loaded v5r2 to the system. T o do this I IPL
to io base, loaded the lic manually, then installed the OS, then
stopped. This will give you a 5.2 lic and a back leveled qgpl and
qusrsys

Then I place the tape in the drive and did a 21 restore

once the restore was done I ipl'd back to the io base cd in normal mode
and did an auto install of 5.2.

Once it came back from the OS load and lic program load, I was all set

Steve