When COMMON was in Atlanta in 1996 (?), I introduced Al at one of the
sessions. Later I emailed him and offered to put him on my "Joke du Jour"
list. He said sure and we began bouncing jokes back and forth. Anytime I'd
forward one he'd sent to me he'd reply back with "You're...". He'd become
mildly irritated because I wasn't crediting him when I'd send one of his
jokes out.

About 6 years ago, someone offered me an F35 for free if I'd cart it off. I
was really proud of it and Al helped me get into it through DST. He told me
I could take him to dinner the next time I was at COMMON and that he liked
REALLY expensive places! LOL!!! Although I didn't attend in Nashville, it
was close enough that we were supposed to get together so I could settle up
with him. Now I know why I didn't hear back from him. Al helped me with my
AS/400 even when he knew I couldn't afford to pay him what his expertise was
worth - he did it out of the goodness of his heart.

Al should have written a book with all the great stories he had. If I get
some of the facts of this story wrong, please correct them. When Sue was
having one of the kids (I can't remember which), the hospital had a problem
with their S/38 - in fact, I think they had a hard drive failure. Al
restored all the data except one record - the one with their information.
Al didn't get a bill for the baby and the hospital didn't get a bill from
Al. He said it was a great deal for both!!! LOL!!!

The suddenness of Al's death is a reminder that we should all have our
hearts right with the Lord (Romans 10:9). Thank you, Jesus, for sending Al
Barsa into my life for his expertise and friendship.