From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joe Pluta
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 3:47 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Referential Integrity Constraints may enhance performance!

Murphy, Mark wrote:
Don't really need STRQRY now that I have found Squirrel.

http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/

This plus the jtopen drivers works better than the STRSQL page for my money, and I can access all
databases in the organization with it as long as they have a JDBC driver available.

Nope, this is not STRSQL, this is STRQRY. STRQRY is the way you create
and use *QRYDFN objects, which make it very easy to create and maintain
database queries.

STRSQL is part of the SQL Tools LPP, 5722ST1, and that hasn't changed.

And while I do love PC-based query tools, STRSQL is often faster and a
lot easier to use for certain things, like to create temporary files.

Joe